We have formed our own Task Force and Response team in order to appropriately respond to the novel coronavirus (COVID19). Our COVID19 Task Force and Response team has developed a response plan with the following goals and objectives:
- To ensure the health and well-being of our patients, providers, members, and staff.
- To maintain continuity of operations in order to perform core functions as an essential component of Maryland’s public and private health system.
- To cooperate and coordinate with local, state, and federal health agencies.
Please see below for current updates related to our medical center operations in response to COVID-19.
What to Expect: Patient & Visitor Guidelines
At Jai Medical Center, we care about your health and want to ensure that both our patients and staff remain safe and healthy during the COVID-19 crisis. Therefore, we have implemented new visitor guidelines that we would like our patients to be aware of prior to visiting one of our medical centers:
- Everyone visiting our medical center will receive a Patient Screening Questionnaire, so that we know how you are feeling on the day of your Primary Care visit. We understand that you may have received a screening when we confirmed your appointment, but this is an additional step that we are taking on the day of your visit to confirm your well-being. Please answer truthfully to all of the questions presented in the Patient Screening Questionnaire, so that we may appropriately notify your Primary Care Provider if you are feeling sick.
- Please wear a mask. In accordance with CDC guidance, and for both your protection and the protection of our staff, we are requesting that any patient or visitor wear a face mask while in our medical centers. Please note, if you do not have a face mask, our staff will provide you with a surgical mask to wear.
- Our staff will be wearing masks. Please do not be surprised when you come into our office and see our staff members wearing masks. In an effort to comply with the latest CDC guidance, we are asking that our staff members wear surgical masks as a safety precaution.
- Please limit additional guests at your visit. We request that our adult patients, when possible, come to their appointment by themselves. Please only bring a family member, friend, or guardian with you if you need assistance at your visit.
- Arrival Times. Please arrive no more than 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment as we try to limit your time in our medical center.
- Patients on Quarantine. Any visitor and/or patient who lives in the same household as a COVID-19 positive person who is under quarantine is not currently permitted in our medical centers. We do have other options for our patients to ensure continuity of care for you, including Telemedicine.
- Availability of Telemedicine. For our established patients with follow-up visits, please be advised that instead of coming into our medical center for your appointment, you have the option to have a telemedicine visit with your Primary Care Provider. For more information about Telemedicine at Jai Medical Center, please visit: https://www.jaimedicalcenter.
- Modified Hours of Operation. Lastly, our medical centers currently have modified operating hours. All locations are open Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm. We have limited weekend hours at our 5010 York Road location on Saturdays, from 9am to 1pm for adult patients only. As always, you may reach our After Hours On-Call Provider by dialing 410-433-2200 and selecting the option to speak with a Provider.
Please check back for the most up-to-date information regarding our response plan and for any other COVID-19 updates.
For general information related to COVID19, please visit the CDC’s website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html or the Maryland Department of Health’s website at https://phpa.health.maryland.gov/Pages/Novel-coronavirus.aspx.
Maryland Medicaid’s New Opioid Prescription Policy
Maryland Medicaid has implemented a new opioid prescription policy in accordance with the CDC’s Prescribing Opioids Guidelines from March 2016.
Please be aware that referrals will not be issued for patients that we have not seen. Consultation with the PCP is a must before the referral is written.
Please also note that referral forms are not authorizations for procedures or certain services. Specialists must reach out to the appropriate insurer for authorization of such requests.
In light of recent events, we believe it is important to ensure that all patients and the public are aware of our Vaccination Policy.
All children and adults should receive all recommended vaccines according to the schedules published by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the American Academy of Pediatrics, and the Maryland Healthy Kids Program. For the safety of our patients, staff, and families, Jai Medical Center requires that all children and adults be vaccinated according to the mandatory recommended vaccination schedules.
While we are happy to answer questions and discuss the safety and efficacy of vaccines, if a parent or guardian chooses not to follow the accepted schedule or to delay beginning routine vaccinations for their child, we will no longer be able to service that child for primary care and will request that the family seek care from another provider.
Vaccinating children and adults may be the single most important preventative healthcare service that we perform as your medical provider and that you can perform as parents/caregivers. Please ensure that you and your child are vaccinated appropriately as recommended.
For more information about the CDC recommended vaccination schedules, please visit the following website: www.cdc.gov
If you have any questions regarding our Vaccination Policy, please feel free to speak with your Primary Care Provider or a member of our Management team.
5010 York Road
Baltimore, MD 21212
Jai Medical Center – York Road Pediatrics
5234 York Road
Baltimore, MD 21212
Jai Medical Center – Park Heights
4340 Park Heights Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21215
Eutaw Medical Center
2425 Eutaw Place
Baltimore, MD 21217
Jai Medical Center – Monument Street
1235 East Monument Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Jai Medical Center – Hunt Valley
301 International Circle
Hunt Valley, MD 21030